* So behind on things here at tumblr… Trying to play catch-up as best possible, but seems impossible. Maybe best to just pick up where everyone is now… And not be so uptight about it all!
* Thursday and Friday last week were two big medical appointments for me. I was stressing both pretty badly. While waiting for my ID appointment on Thursday, I got a voicemail that my therapist had resigned! My blood pressure was remarkably good after receiving this less than good news.
* My ID exam went really well. No biopsy, all looking good. Waiting on some test results, which I expect will have me back there in 6 months for follow-up. If they happen to show clean, then it would be a year. Highly doubtful though with my medical history.
* Friday I saw my cardiologist - he is happy with the progress I’ve made in the past year. But more importantly, he has taken me off Plavix! This is fucking major! Beyond every little cut bleeding for ages… I can now move forward with my GYN regarding a hysterectomy - partial or otherwise! I also forgot how decent and cool my cardiologist really is… It was nice to be reminded that I have a good guy on my side if anything goes haywire with my heart again!
* Just prior to seeing my cardiologist, my therapist called me - and I can continue with her! Phew… I so did not want to be starting over with someone new! I have a few weeks off until she gets settled into her new practise… But I am so relieved! I know I regularly ridicule myself for being in therapy, yet it does do me a lot of good.
* After feeling really up about my positive medical adventures at the end of the week… I then caught the killer cold. I am not sure if I finally caught whatever the hell The Silverback has had… Or being at hospital twice in two days, I picked up something new. Either way - yeppers - cold from hell. Still trying to shake the damn thing!
* On top of cold from hell… I got hit with menopausal “menstrual” nightmare. Super-tender melon-sized boobs… One morning, peeing every 15 minutes during a 4-hour period… And of course, then came the cramps from hell. I’ve been in this “limited” state for two days now. Basically strung out on opiates. Of course, it could be worse. Everything could always be worse. But this continuing situation definitely sucks.
* Some rather sad feelings at the loft… Recent phone exchanges with Mum and Dad in England have been rather depressing. The Silverback is trying his best to cope, but it’s not easy. Even being sickie and stoned, I am doing my best to be a supportive and loving wifey!
* Other than Champions League football - nothing much planned for today. Sleep would be really nice! Of course, I am still awake since yesterday!
* Thursday - The Silverback, Myra, The Ginger Prince, and I are planning to go apple-picking at Honey Pot Hill. Yes, The Silverback has made many “rude” comments regarding the name of this particular orchard! Hey! It’s September… It’s New England… We pick apples. BUT… There are goats, roosters (cocks!), and bunnies to play with as well. Total win-win situation!
* OH! “The Sniffer” may have moved out! We heard a lot of movement over this past weekend… And the red balloons painted on the door are now gone… We are not 100% certain… The Silverback is keeping an eye on the situation. He will report back to me… And me to you!